WHEN PIPES FREEZE AND BREAK, DAMAGE NEEDS IMMEDIATE MITIGATION
Here in Gloucester and the North Shore, we are extremely familiar with severe drops in temperature and bitterly cold storms coming through. While staying safe and warm during these cold spells is a top priority, so is protecting pipes from freezing. Nevertheless, pipes do sometimes freeze and burst, despite your best precautionary efforts. When you experience frozen pipe water damage on your commercial or residential property, you need to have the problem taken care of as expediently as possible.
CLEANINGPRO OFFERS PROFESSIONAL PIPE FREEZING DAMAGE CLEANUP
- RESTORATION SERVICES FOR YOUR EMERGENCY
- THOROUGH WATER DAMAGE CLEANUP
- MOLD REMOVAL AND REMEDIATION SERVICES
- WATER EXTRACTION AND DRYING
- TRASH AND DEBRIS REMOVAL
- RESTORING YOUR PROPERTY FOR SAFETY AND LIVABILITY
- DEODORIZATION AND PURIFICATION
PIPE FREEZING DAMAGE CLEANUP
WHEN TEMPERATURES DROP AND PIPES BURST
During the cold winter months, the weather can be brutal to properties. Even though you may winterize your home, protecting pipes is not something you might think of.
All it takes is one freak storm too early or too late in the season, or a record-breaking cold spell in the middle of winter, to wreak havoc on pipes. And frozen pipe water damage can lead to everything from structural issues to mold growth.
Most people don’t think about the damage a burst pipe can cause, but at CleanPro, we’re experienced with this type of emergency, and we know what to look for and what to remedy. Some of the problems may be hidden inside the walls or under the foundation.
We will leave nothing to chance when you call us. You can count on CleanPro for thorough, professional pipe freezing damage cleanup.
MINIMIZING THE DAMAGE
Water damage restoration is at the top of the list of cleanup efforts. The longer that you wait to have cleanup efforts begin, the worse that the damage will be. Here are some points to keep in mind:
- The drying process must begin within 48 hours to be able to properly address water damage.
- The restoration process needs to start as soon as possible after an inspection is done (preferably immediately).
- You’ll need a plumber to repair pipes and plumbing, but just as important, you’ll need a company experienced with water damage restoration efforts to clean up all the other damage the plumber won’t touch.
- Remember that water will need to be extracted, surfaces will need to be dried thoroughly, and additional cleanup will need to be done.
Pipes that freeze and burst could be located almost anywhere on your property. It could be a pipe leaving your house that you attach a hose to for watering plants during warm months. It could be a pipe inside a wall that has poor insulation. It could also be a pipe running through a part of the building that doesn’t get heated, such as the attic or a crawl space.
Even if you take the time to protect pipes before cold weather arrives, you may still experience frozen pipe water damage in the form of a leak that gets worse over time.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PIPES AND AVOID FROZEN PIPE WATER DAMAGE
Of course, the best thing to do is to protect pipes and keep them from bursting in the first place. Steps you can take include the following:
- Insulate areas that perhaps don’t have adequate insulation, including the garage, basement, and attic.
- If you’re aware of pipes that are at risk of freezing, be sure to have them wrapped with heat tape or added insulation.
- Remove garden hoses that are attached to pipes and faucets coming out of your home (or business).
- Don’t turn the thermostat below 55 degrees, not even when you’re traveling and leaving your property empty.
- If you are taking a trip, consider shutting off the water to your house and draining the pipes so that they don’t freeze while you’re away. You may want to get a plumber to help with this.
Even if you take all of these precautions, there is still the chance that a pipe will freeze and burst. It could be that you missed an exposed pipe or were not aware it existed. Or a pipe could be defective. If you do experience frozen pipe water damage, be sure to call CleanPro for fast action that can save your property.
THE NEED FOR FAST AND EFFICIENT FROZEN PIPE WATER REPAIRS
Water can go everywhere. It can fill your walls and flood your floors. Water from burst pipes can cover your carpets and damage your furniture. It can even create electrical hazards around outlets, wires, and electronic equipment.
There is a very real need for fast and efficient repairs to keep everyone safe and protect your property and your belongings. Water in the walls can erode the material. Water can destroy floorboards, carpets, and upholstery. The sooner that pipe freezing damage cleanup begins, the less damage there will be to clean up. Prompt action also means you’ll incur fewer costs.
Sometimes a telltale sign of a frozen pipe is visible frost on an interior pipe. If you see this, call a plumber right away for help.
If you notice any leaking pipes in your home or on your property, turn off your water supply and call a plumber. If a pipe is partially frozen, it may leak before it bursts. Having a plumber repair any leaking pipes can potentially prevent a pipe from bursting, thus avoiding the need for cleaning up frozen pipe water damage.
Of course, we at CleanPro are ready to help you whether the cleanup you need done is from a frozen pipe that has burst or a leaking pipe that hasn’t burst but has caused some measure of water to seep into your walls, floors, carpets, or belongings. If you see an unexpected pool of water anywhere, call us. We have the experience and knowhow to remedy the situation safely and effectively.
CONTACT CLEANPRO TO LEARN MORE
We are here for you for all of your cleanup needs! As a full-service cleaning company serving Gloucester and the North Shore, we can assist you with any of the following:
- Pipe Freezing Damage Cleanup
- Fire, Smoke, And Water Damage Restoration
- Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Remediation
- Junk Removal Services
- House Cleaning
- Post-Construction Cleanup
- And More!
If you have a cleanup job you need help with, be sure to contact CleanPro. Just fill in the contact form below and we’ll be happy to address your question or provide you with a free, no-obligation estimate. Reach out to us today!
Or Ask Us a Question