Can Mold Make You Sick?

Can Mold Make You Sick?

When people start seeing signs of mold in their home, they tend to become concerned and worried about the long-term effects it will have on them and their families if left untreated. At CleanPro, LLC, we want to provide you with all of the information you need to know about mold remediation and how it pertains to your home. Continue reading to learn more!

Woman cleaning moldy wall

What Is Mold?

Mold, or mildew, is a fungus that needs organic materials in order to survive. It can grow on virtually any surface, as mold spores are microscopic and float through the air. They usually enter your home via open doors, windows, or heating and cooling ducts. Once they settle on a surface in your home, mold will begin to grow if there's enough moisture present to support its needs. It requires three main factors to grow: food, water, and warmth.

A woman blowing her nose into a tissue

How Mold Affects Health

Mold isn't toxic; however, it can cause some side effects if you inhale it or come into contact with large quantities of mold spores. These symptoms include coughing, wheezing, itching, nasal congestion, and burning eyes. Those with allergies are vulnerable to more serious effects such as asthma and other respiratory problems.

Mold on an interior wall

Identifying Mold

In your home, you can know when mold is present if there's a musty smell in the air. It's important to remember that not all smells may be mold-related. If you notice any signs of mold or mildew in your Gloucester home or commercial property, give us a call today at (978) 216-4633!

A clean bathroom

How Can I Prevent Mold?

It's possible for almost anyone to prevent mold by noticing its symptoms right away. If you notice any signs of mold in your Gloucester home or business it's important not to let them fester. You don't have to deal with this problem alone — simply give us a call today!

For the best mold removal Gloucester has to offer, call CleanPro today and book a free estimate!

Contact Us